Connect with us

Football

Cristiano says ‘nothing impossible’ amid exit report

Published

on

Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo has told reporters that “nothing is impossible” following a Portuguese media story claiming he could be the subject of an €180 million bid this summer.

Ronaldo is considered the leading contender to win the 2017 Ballon d’Or after his double strike in last weekend’s 4-1 Champions League final victory over Juventus, crowning what has been an outstanding end to the campaign which brought 16 goals in the last 10 games as Madrid also sealed a first La Liga title since 2012.

A Bola then claimed on its cover this week that “clubs like Manchester United, Monaco or Paris Saint-Germain” plus “the multi-millionaires in Chinese football” were preparing “astronomical offers worth €180 million” to convince Madrid to sell the Portugal captain this summer.

Asked about the story before flying to Lithuania for Portugal’s 2018 World Cup qualifier on Friday, the 32-year-old replied that “nothing was impossible” as he disappeared inside the airport.

Ronaldo signed a new contract tying him to the Bernabeu until 2021 last November and said at the time that he would then have one more contract left in his career.

Ahead of the Champions League final in Cardiff he told Spanish TV that he still aimed to play for Madrid for another decade.

In January Blancos president Florentino Perez denied a claim made by Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes that a Chinese club had made a €300m offer for the former United and Sporting Lisbon winger.

Mendes had said that an unnamed Chinese club had contacted both club and player — putting on the table the huge transfer fee as well as a more than €100m-per-year salary, but the offer had been rejected as “money is not everything” for his client.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Football

NFF makes new appointments

Published

on

By

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) on Tuesday announced the appointments of new media officers for the various National Teams.

In a statement signed by Demola Olajire, NFF Director of Communication, Toyin Ibitoye and Miss Jane Nweze have been retained for the Super Eagles and the Super Falcons, respectively, until after the two teams’ major championships.

He said Ibitoye and Nweze will still retain their positions until the Super Eagles’ AFCON finals in Egypt and the Super Falcons’ FIFA World Cup finals in France, NAN reports.

Olajire, however, announced the appointment of Pius Ayinor as media officer for the Super Eagles B, also known as CHAN Eagles.

“Sharif Abdallah will serve as media officer for the U-23 National Team (Olympic Eagles), while Andrew Randa will take charge at the camp of the U-20 Boys National Team (Flying Eagles).

“Cecilia Omorogbe will work with the U-20 Girls (Falconets), while Francis Achi will serve the U-17 Boys (Golden Eaglets) and Faith Meremegbunam will work with the U-17 Girls (Flamingos).

“Tobi Adepoju will be media officer of the U-15 National Boys (Future Eagles),’’ Olajire said.

According to him, all the newly-appointed media officers will serve until after their next major championships, before giving way to other persons to also benefit from the experience.

Continue Reading

Football

My expectations from Man United, Man City clash – Guardiola

Published

on

By

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola has revealed what he expects when his side tackle Manchester United in Wednesday’s Premier League derby clash.

Guardiola says he expects the ‘best’ Manchester United team to face Man City at Old Trafford.

Man City head to the game following a 1-0 victory over Tottenham on Saturday, while Ole Gunnar Solskjear’s side were defeated 4-0 by Everton on Sunday.

“I expect the best United tomorrow, I am sure,” Guardiola was quoted by Man City’s official website as saying in his pre-match press conference on Tuesday.

“They are bright. Football players try to do their best and tomorrow is going to happen. We prepare for their strong points and weak points.”

Guardiola added: “I don’t make theories about what happened in the past. Every game is completely different.

“The fact is this club grew a lot in the last decade, so it is not scary to go there.

“Before that, it was maybe more difficult. The players Manchester City have had in the last decade made this game a little bit more equal.”

Continue Reading

Football

Man Utd vs Man City: Solskjaer releases killer squad

Published

on

By

Manchester United have released a strong squad to face Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City in Wednesday’s Premier League derby fixture at Old Trafford.

According to Mirror UK, Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer released a list of 25 players on Tuesday.

Man United head to the game following a 4-0 defeat to Everton in the Premier League on Sunday at Goodison Park.

Below is Man United’s Premier League squad against Man City:

De Gea, Romero, Grant, Dalot, Darmian, Bailly, Valencia, Young, Jones, Shaw, Lindelof, Rojo, Smalling, Herrera, Fred, Matic, McTominay, Pereira, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku, Rashford.

The kick-off time for the match is 8pm.

Continue Reading

VOTE

PREMIER LEAGUE

Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook

News

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com