Connect with us

Football

Roma vs Barcelona: Team news, injuries, possible lineups

Published

on

On Tuesday night clash at the Stadio Olimpico in the second leg of the Champions League quarter-finals match.

Valverde’s men won the first leg 4-1 at Camp Nou last week and will hope to beat the Italian club so as to qualify for the semi-finals of the competition.

Midfielder, Sergio Busquets is a doubt for Tuesday’s game, after suffering a setback in his recovery from a foot problem. The Spaniard is in contention to play, but is not likely to be risked.

Andres Iniesta, Jordi Alba and Samuel Umtiti are expected to return to the starting XI after being rested against Leganes in the La Liga at the weekend.

Lucas Digne and Sergi Samper are also both sidelined with respective injury problems, while Phillipe Coutinho is ineligible to play due to his involvement in Liverpool’s Champions League campaign earlier this season.

Meanwhile, Roma, who are unbeaten at home in the Champions League this season, are yet to concede a goal at Stadio Olimpico in the competition.

READ ALSO: Anthony Joshua did not impress me – Mike Tyson

The Italian club have received a big boost with the return of Radja Nainggolan, who missed the first leg match at the Camp Nou due to injury.

The midfielder is a key part of this Roma side, having provided 8 assists this season, and his recovery from the thigh injury is good news for the home side.

Cengiz is another player named in the squad who missed the first leg with injury problems.

The winger is not certain to start, but his inclusion in the squad is a positive sign.

Diego Perotti remains sidelined, and Rick Karsdorp is a long-term absentee.

Roma potential starting XI: Alisson, Kolarov, Federico Fazio, Manolas, Florenzi, Strootman, Rossi, Pellegrini, Nainggolan, Under, Dzeko.

Barcelona potential starting XI: Ter Stegen, Alba, Umtiti, Pique, Semedo, Iniesta, Rakitic, Paulinho, Roberto, Messi, Suarez.

The kick off time for the match is 7:45pm.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Football

Manchester United players told to ignore Mourinho’s instructions

Published

on

By

Former Arsenal defender, Martin Keown, has told Manchester United players to ignore instructions from manager Jose Mourinho and take matters into their own hands.

The Red Devils travel to Anfield on Sunday to take on title-chasing Liverpool, 16 points behind their bitter rivals.

A much-changed United side slipped to another demoralising defeat against Valencia in midweek and Keown believes Mourinho’s men are turning in the worst performances he has seen in 25 years.

“These performances are some of the worst we’ve seen from United in 25 years,” Keown told Football Focus.

“They are there for the taking – these United players almost need to stop listening to their manager now.

“If this is how they’re being told to play, the players are on their own – I don’t know the identity of this United team.

“They’re almost dreading games. Whether they change the manager is another thing but every game feels like a crisis now.

“Mourinho has an incredible job there but the ‘special one’ has become the ‘lonely one’.

“He’s almost enjoying the process of it coming to an end.”

Continue Reading

Barcelona

Barcelona issue fresh ban to Dembele

Published

on

By

Barcelona have banned Ousmane Dembele from turning off his phone, after he once again failed to arrive on time for training, uniquesports.com.ng reports.

Earlier this week, Dembele begged his team-mates for forgiveness in a private dressing-room speech, after being fined £90,000 for turning up two hours late to training, reports Daily Mail.

Manager Ernesto Valverde has now instructed the French winger, to keep his phone on all the time, so that he can be contactable if another issue arises.

Valverde is said to be content with the player’s improvement off the pitch and believes he has taken positive steps towards changing his attitude.

It is believed Dembele enjoys playing video games and watching TV until the early hours of the morning, which is the main issue.

Continue Reading

Football

Man City VS Everton: Jesus scores twice as Manchester City go back to top

Published

on

By

Manchester City have returned to the top of the Premier League for another 24 hours at least, following a 3-1 win over Everton in Saturday’s early kick-off.

Pep Guardiola’s men saw their unbeaten start to the season end at Chelsea last week and Liverpool overtook them on the table.

However, the champions preserved their 100 per cent record at home against Marco Silva’s men.

Gabriel Jesus scored either sides of half time to give City a 2-0 lead, before Dominic Calvert-Lewin pulled one back.

However, Raheem Sterling climbed off the bench, to head in a third and make sure the home side got maximum points.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook

News