Connect with us

Boxing

Anthony Joshua knocked down by Daniel Dubois? Insider reveals the truth about incident

Published

on

Anthony Joshua has not been knocked down in sparring by Daniel Dubois and his good friend Frazer Clarke claims he would admit to it if he had.
Clarke is a regular sparring partner of Joshua and has just returned from the biggest success of his amateur career, winning super-heavyweight gold at the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast.

Joshua meanwhile is in the process of trying to make a heavyweight unification fight with Deontay Wilder, with further talks due to take place at the end of the month after the American rejected an £8.8million offer.

The Brit is unbeaten in 21-fight professional career and has only once been dropped, by Wladimir Klitschko in their epic fight at Wembley last year.

However, promoter Frank Warren claims his young 7-0 heavyweight Dubois has dropped Joshua, something Clarke believes cannot possibly be true.
“I have never seen him put Joshua down,” Clarke told Sky Sports.

“I am sure I am at 99 per cent of the spars and it has hit him flush and has probably shook him up a bit, but the way they make out that he put him down on his backside, it just never happened.

“I don’t think it was Daniel, it’s the people around him. Daniel is a nice kid and he probably admitted he shook Joshua up a bit in sparring and someone has made more of a story of it.

“I can honestly say if it was true, Joshua would turn round and say ‘yeah, it happened, it was true’, but he hasn’t.
“I have never seen him put Joshua down,” Clarke told Sky Sports.

“I am sure I am at 99 per cent of the spars and it has hit him flush and has probably shook him up a bit, but the way they make out that he put him down on his backside, it just never happened.

“I don’t think it was Daniel, it’s the people around him. Daniel is a nice kid and he probably admitted he shook Joshua up a bit in sparring and someone has made more of a story of it.

“I can honestly say if it was true, Joshua would turn round and say ‘yeah, it happened, it was true’, but he hasn’t.
At 6ft 5in, Dubois is viewed as the kind of fighter who could challenge the likes of Joshua, although he is yet to face opposition of any real quality.

The 20-year-old picked up the Southern Area heavyweight title on his last outing, stopping DL Jones in the third round of their contest.

And Warren wants to take his time with the fighter, despite his alleged exploits in the gym.
“Look, I don’t go crazy about young fighters because there is always a long way to go – but he is by far the best heavyweight at this stage of his career that I have seen in my time in boxing,” Warren said last year.

“He has a fantastic jab, real power, he’s relaxed, a natural boxer and puncher.

“Not only did he knock Joshua down [in sparring], he absolutely did for Joshua in the gym, as he has done with all the names he has sparred with.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Floyd Mayweather maintains unbeaten record

Published

on

By

Boxing champion, Floyd Mayweather on Monday trounced Japanese kick-boxing star Tenshin Nasukawa by a technical knockout in the first round of a New Year’s Eve “exhibition” bout that brought the US boxing superstar out of retirement.

Mayweather floored Nasukawa, who is less than half his age, three times in the first round of the three-round contest before the Japanese fighter’s trainer rushed in to stop the fight.

The American boxer at first appeared not to be taking the fight seriously, grinning at his opponent and aiming only soft punches at him.

But he then demonstrated his power, launching a series of jabs and hooks to the head of the 20-year-old Japanese fighter, sending him to the canvas after just one minute.

Sensing his opponent was struggling, Mayweather stepped in for the kill, unleashing a flurry of punches that left Nasukawa reeling again within just two minutes of the bout and facing his second standing count.

With the Japanese fighter clearly struggling to stay on his feet, the trainer rushed in and stopped the fight with just one minute of the first round remaining.

The 41-year-old Mayweather carried more than 4kg weight advantage into the ring.

The rules were very strictly defined: three, three minute bouts and boxing only — kickboxer Nasukawa was reportedly facing a $5 million fine if he aimed a kick at Mayweather.

There were no judges, with only a knockout or technical knockout considered a victory in the bout, promoted as a pure exhibition match.

Crucially, the match did not feature on the record of either man, allowing them both to retain a cherished unbeaten record.

“It was all about entertainment. We had fun. The fans in Japan, they wanted this to happen, so I said why not. Once again, I’m still retired, I’m still 50-0, Tenshin is a great champion,” Mayweather said in the ring following his win.

The 41-year-old American had earlier intimated on Instagram that he would be paid $9 million for the fight, which was scheduled for three rounds.

Continue Reading

Boxing

‘I had a head cold’ – Anthony Joshua reveals illness

Published

on

By

Nigerian-born British boxer, Anthony Joshua, said he had felt like a gust of wind would knock him down ahead of his successful world heavyweight title defence last Saturday, uniquesports.com.ng reports. (more…)

Continue Reading

Boxing

Anthony Joshua knocks out Povetkin to retain world heavyweight titles

Published

on

By

Nigerian-born Anthony Joshua retained his International Boxing Federation (IBF), World Boxing Association (WBA) and World Boxing Organisation (WBO) heavyweight titles, with a seventh-round stoppage of Alexander Povetkin at Wembley Stadium in London on Saturday. (more…)

Continue Reading

VOTE

PREMIER LEAGUE

Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook

News

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com