Connect with us

Barcelona

Celta Vigo 2-2 Barcelona: Lionel Messi cannot save Barca after Roberto red card

Published

on

Barcelona’s charge towards the LaLiga title was held up after a much-changed side was held to a 2-2 draw at Celta Vigo, where Sergi Roberto was sent off.
With one eye on Saturday’s Copa del Rey final against Sevilla, Ernesto Valverde started with both Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez on the bench while Gerard Pique and Andreas Iniesta were rested.

Ousmane Dembele fired Barca ahead with his first LaLiga goal before defender Jonny Castro Otto equalised on the stroke of half-time.

Paulinho put the visitors ahead again just after the hour, by which time Messi had been sent on, but Roberto saw red on 71 minutes for pulling down Iago Aspas, who made it 2-2 with eight minutes left.
CELTA VIGO 2-2 BARCELONA FT
• Barcelona unbeaten in 40 straight La Liga games

• Lionel Messi was dropped from starting XI

• Dembele (36′) scored the opener

• Jonathan Castro Otto (45′) levelled just before half time

• Messi (60′) came on

• Paulinho (64′) made it 2-1 to Barca

• Roberto (71′) sent off for Barca

• Aspas (82′) made it 2-2

• Barcelona XI: Ter Stegen, Semedo, D. Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho, Paulinho, Alcacer, Digne, Gomes, Mina, Vermaelen.

 

 

 

 

View image on Twitter

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Barcelona

Barcelona issue fresh ban to Dembele

Published

on

By

Barcelona have banned Ousmane Dembele from turning off his phone, after he once again failed to arrive on time for training, uniquesports.com.ng reports.

Earlier this week, Dembele begged his team-mates for forgiveness in a private dressing-room speech, after being fined £90,000 for turning up two hours late to training, reports Daily Mail.

Manager Ernesto Valverde has now instructed the French winger, to keep his phone on all the time, so that he can be contactable if another issue arises.

Valverde is said to be content with the player’s improvement off the pitch and believes he has taken positive steps towards changing his attitude.

It is believed Dembele enjoys playing video games and watching TV until the early hours of the morning, which is the main issue.

Continue Reading

Barcelona

Come to Barcelona, Jordi Alba tells Morata

Published

on

By

Barcelona defender, Jordi Alba has said that Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata is a ‘top player’ and he would be ‘very welcome’ at Camp Nou, should he push through a transfer away from the blues, uniquesports.com.ng reports.

Alba is a big fan of his compatriot, who has struggled to adapt to the English style of football, and thinks he would be a good signing for the La Liga giants.

The Spain international is yet to be at his best form since his arrival to England and finds himself competing with Olivier Giroud for a starting spot, with Maurizio Sarri reportedly interested in signing Edinson Cavani to be his No. 1 striker.

The 26-year-old, who left Real Madrid during the transfer window in January 2017, may not have a future at Stamford Bridge and his agent supposedly made contact with Barcelona in order to secure a transfer to Catalonia.

However, Alba hopes that is the case and would welcome the forward with open arms.

“Morata is a player that I appreciate a lot, he has been a top player for many years,” Metro UK quoted Alba as saying.

“At the end, it’s the club’s [decision] if they want to sign him or not, as with any other player.

“If the rumours are true, he would be very welcome, as all the new players [are].”

Continue Reading

Barcelona

Morata in shock move to Barcelona

Published

on

By

LaLiga giants, Barcelona have made a shock move to sign Alvaro Morata from Chelsea in January.

Morata has struggled to command a regular spot in the first-team at Chelsea.

The Spaniard arrived Stamford Bridge from Real Madrid in the summer of 2017.

The Mirror reports that Morata’s agents have been in touch with Barcelona over a possible January deal for the Spanish international.

The newspaper reports that a loan move until the end of the season is the most likely course of action, with the option of making it permanent in the summer.

The 26-year-old is seeking first-team football, which he is not getting at Chelsea.

Maurizio Sarri prefers Olivier Giroud and had in recent weeks used Eden Hazard as a striker.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook

News