Connect with us

Football

Russia 2018: Super Eagles to pocket $24m – NFF

Published

on

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick has said that the Super Eagles players stand the chance of pocketing $24 million if they play in the final of the 2018 World Cup.

Pinnick told newsmen in Abuja on Wednesday during a parley that the money was part of the agreement reached with the players to share 50-50 whatever would accrue to the country if they get to the final and lift the trophy.

“I don’t put players under pressure. Pressure can be put on them unconsciously because we are creating enabling environment for them.

“If for example we don’t have money to prepare them, they can now relax but now, we have given them everything upfront and they should deliver.

“If today they get to the final, the World Cup money will be shared 50-50 between the team and the NFF.

“Winning the final is 48 million dollars, it means the team will get 24 million dollars and the football house will take the remaining 24 million dollars,” Pinnick said.

He also said that the adequate preparation, including grade A friendly matches have been secured with England and Czech Republic to ensure the team do well at the World Cup.

The NFF boss further said that glass house had already secured 2.8 million dollars to pay the players allowances and bonuses during the mundial.

“We are ready to play against England on June 2 in London in an international friendly. We had a conclusive meeting with the England FA.

“After the England match, we will play Czech Republic and from there we move to Russia. As it is everything is going on very well.

“For the world cup, I don’t think we have any problem, I am in touch with the technical committee. It is the desire of every Nigerian to see the Super Eagles do well at the World Cup.

“We had a meeting with the team, we signed a contract with them and ready to pay them 20 per cent of eight million dollars which is what is accrued to us for the World Cup.

“At the end of the day it amounts to 2.8million dollars which will go to the players. The money is almost 100 per cent ready,” Pinnick added.

Pinnick also explained that the football house met with some state governors who were ready to assist the NFF financially to achieve the country’s World Cup dream.

He commended President Muhammadu Buhari for his support for the NFF and the Super Eagles, and assured that they would not let him down in Russia.

It was reported that the World Cup will hold from June 14 to July 15 in Russia.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Football

If you want to win trophies, Leave Tottenham, Ibrahimovic tells Harry Kane

Published

on

By

Former Manchester United striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has told Tottenham Hotspur star, Harry Kane to leave Spurs, which according to him is a normal club, if he want to win trophies.

Kane, who is currently sidelined due to injury, is expected to return to training in March.

The 25-year-old injured his ankle ligaments at the end of Tottenham’s 1-0 defeat to Manchester United in a Premier League encounter last week after a collision with Phil Jones and Victor Lindelof.

Ibrahimovic, who has represented the likes of Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and Inter Milan, believes the time has come for Kane to leave Tottenham in pursuit of silverware.

“When I was in England, I saw him [Kane] play, I think he is a good striker,” the La Galaxy striker told Bethard.

“He’s still developing, he’s doing good things. But I always say, playing in a big club, performing good is different from playing in – with all due respect to Tottenham – a ‘normal’ club.

“Performing there is a different situation, because I saw players do the same thing, but when they go to a big club something is different.

“I think he can make it. He just needs to make the move and people will remember you for what you win and. In the end, he needs to win.

“If he wants to win, I think he needs to change. I think Tottenham has a great team but they’re not at the level to win everything, even if they’ve got a fantastic coach.”

Continue Reading

Barcelona

New Barcelona signing, Boateng to wear No 19

Published

on

By

The 31-year-old Ghanian Star, kevin-Prince Boateng has been reported to have accepted to waer the number 19 shirt previously worn by El Haddadi, Lucas Digne and Sandro Ramirez, uniquesports reports.

Boateng completed a €2million move to Barcelona from Serie A side, Sassuolo, on Monday and was unveiled on Tuesday at the Camp Nou.

The deal includes an €8million option for Barcelona to buy the former Tottenham and Portsmouth star if he impresses.

Boateng will stay in Spain until the end of the season.

Speaking after his unveiling, Boateng told reporters: “It’s a big dream come true. It’s a big honour for me to be here.”

Boateng will hope to feature for Barcelona when they tackle Girona on Sunday in the La Liga fixture.

Continue Reading

Football

Sala’s father, mother cries out over missing Cardiff striker

Published

on

By

Cardiff City striker, Emiliano Sala’s mother and father have confirmed that their son was on board a plane that went missing from the English Channel on Monday night.

Sala was on the light aircraft that disappeared from radar on Monday night while apparently flying from Nantes to Cardiff.

The 28-year-old was announced as a new signing for Premier League club Cardiff City on Saturday, signing a three-and-a-half year deal, for a club record fee believed to be around £10 million.

Sala’s father, Horatio, told Argentine TV station Channel 5 News on Tuesday: “A friend told me the situation of my son, I did not know anything, I’m in Rosario, I’m desperate, I hope everything goes well.”

His mother, Mercedes, added: “The plane is from the President of Cardiff City FC, they informed us that the plane had disappeared and that they were looking for it.”

Meanwhile, Cardiff City chairman, Mehmet Dalman said in a statement on Tuesday through the club’s official website that the light aircraft lost contact over the Channel last night.

Dalman said: “We are very concerned by the latest news that a light aircraft lost contact over the Channel last night.

“We are very concerned about the safety of Emiliano Sala.

“We are awaiting confirmation before we can say anything further.”

Continue Reading

VOTE

PREMIER LEAGUE

Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook

News

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com