Connect with us

Barcelona

Barcelona chief makes big Neymar claim

Published

on

Neymar moving to Real Madrid would not ‘hurt’ Barcelona chief Josep Maria Bartomeu.
Neymar left Barcelona for PSG in a stunning £200m deal last summer.

But he looks set for another move already with things turning sour in Paris.

Despite firing the goals in on the pitch Neymar has fallen out with key figures at the club including striker Edinson Cavani.

And Real Madrid have been heavily linked with a mega move for the Brazil star ace.

Barcelona president Bartomeu has spoken about his feelings on a possible move.“It would not hurt me, I like that the good players are in La Liga,” he said.

“He decides but he has a contract with PSG for the next four years. Our first priority is Barcelona and then that LaLiga is competitive. Our first rival is the Premier League.”

And Bartormeu even refused to rule out the potential for a stunning return to the Nou Camp.

“Of course yes,” he said when asked if he would consider bringing him back.

“We enjoyed him for four seasons [here] and he is a very good player. I do not think that PSG want to sell him.”
Neymar has also been linked with Manchester United as they continue to pursue the most high profile players in the game.

United signed Paul Pogba in 2016 and are keen to exploit commercial revenues with high profile signings where possible.

And reports have claimed Jose Mourinho would be ready to sanction a £350m deal.

Neymar, 26, was in stunning form on the pitch before his season-ending injury.

He scored 19 Ligue 1 goals in 20 games and another six in seven in the Champions League.

But things have turned sour and he didn’t even return to Paris for the title celebrations, instead staying in Brazil to recover from his injury.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Barcelona

New Barcelona signing, Boateng to wear No 19

Published

on

By

The 31-year-old Ghanian Star, kevin-Prince Boateng has been reported to have accepted to waer the number 19 shirt previously worn by El Haddadi, Lucas Digne and Sandro Ramirez, uniquesports reports.

Boateng completed a €2million move to Barcelona from Serie A side, Sassuolo, on Monday and was unveiled on Tuesday at the Camp Nou.

The deal includes an €8million option for Barcelona to buy the former Tottenham and Portsmouth star if he impresses.

Boateng will stay in Spain until the end of the season.

Speaking after his unveiling, Boateng told reporters: “It’s a big dream come true. It’s a big honour for me to be here.”

Boateng will hope to feature for Barcelona when they tackle Girona on Sunday in the La Liga fixture.

Continue Reading

Barcelona

Barcelona confirm Boateng’s signing

Published

on

By

Barcelona have confirmed the transfer of Kevin-Prince Boateng from Sassuolo.

The deal includes a €8million option to buy, while Barca will pay a €2m loan fee for Boateng, to feature for them the remainder of the season.

The 31-year-old will be presented on Tuesday morning, with a private contract signing set to be followed.

There would also be a photo session on the Camp Nou pitch and a press conference at noon.

A statement on the club’s official website reads: “Kevin-Prince Boateng is a player who will surely adapt quickly to the team. With experience of playing in four of the biggest leagues in Europe, the Premier League, the Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga, he is a man who has scored goals wherever he has been.

“Furthermore, Boateng is a player who versatile to a fault. During his time with Las Palmas with Quique Setién as coach he played as an out and out striker, a typical number ‘9’. However, he is also able to play further back as he did at AC Milan, scoring twice against Barça in his time with the Rossoneri.

“His ability to bring people into the game means he is excellent at playing behind the main striker.”

Continue Reading

Barcelona

Boateng confirms shock Barcelona move

Published

on

By

Sassuolo midfielder, Kevin-Prince Boateng, has confirmed he is joining Barcelona in the coming days.

Boateng revealed this in an interview with Sky Sport on Monday evening.

“Barça, I’m coming! I’m sad to leave Sassuolo but is a great chance.
“Don’t ask me about Real Madrid… is just the past!

“I only want to focus on Barcelona and I hope to score at Bernabéu for the next Clásico,” the player said.

Barcelona and Sassuolo have agreed to a deal ‘in principle’ to loan Boateng for €2million, with an option to buy the player for €8million.

The deal is being wrapped up by Boateng’s agent, Edoardo Crnjar.

Continue Reading

VOTE

PREMIER LEAGUE

Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook

News

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com