Connect with us

Football

Jurgen Klopp reveals huge Adam Lallana,Emre Can injury updates

Published

on

Liverpool duo Emre Can and Adam Lallana could yet play again this season – particularly if the Merseyside club reach the Champions League final.
That’s according to manager Jurgen Klopp.

The Reds have been left light on numbers in midfield after Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s season-ending knee injury sustained in the first leg of their European semi-final with Roma, which Liverpool won 5-2 at Anfield.

That leaves Klopp with just three fit senior midfielders in Jordan Henderson, James Milner and Georginio Wijnaldum.

Yet the Liverpool manager is hopeful that Lallana – out for the last month with a hamstring injury – and Can, who has missed their last seven matches, could still return before the season’s end.

Emre Can Adam Lallana

Particularly if his charges can secure their place in the Champions League final in Kyiv on May 26.
“Adam is here doing his fitness work,” Klopp revealed in light of the selection dilemma he faces against Stoke City today (12.30pm).

“He’s not injured any more but he’s not fit yet. We hope still that one or two games might be possible for him. We will see.

“I take everything I can get, everything. There is no chance for the weekend [against Stoke], no chance for Wednesday and then it could be difficult [for him to play against Chelsea].

“Maybe possible for Brighton for Adam. We have to see.

Adam Lallana Jurgen Klopp

“Emre is a little bit further away. His rehab is improving a lot. It is much better, but it is quite close to the end of the season. I haven’t closed any doors on both of them. There is still a possibility.”

Klopp could rotate his squad against Stoke but with Sadio Mane expected to miss out through injury, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino should start in the forward line.

Liverpool need four points from their last three games to make sure of a top-four finish for the second successive Premier League season.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Football

Manchester United players told to ignore Mourinho’s instructions

Published

on

By

Former Arsenal defender, Martin Keown, has told Manchester United players to ignore instructions from manager Jose Mourinho and take matters into their own hands.

The Red Devils travel to Anfield on Sunday to take on title-chasing Liverpool, 16 points behind their bitter rivals.

A much-changed United side slipped to another demoralising defeat against Valencia in midweek and Keown believes Mourinho’s men are turning in the worst performances he has seen in 25 years.

“These performances are some of the worst we’ve seen from United in 25 years,” Keown told Football Focus.

“They are there for the taking – these United players almost need to stop listening to their manager now.

“If this is how they’re being told to play, the players are on their own – I don’t know the identity of this United team.

“They’re almost dreading games. Whether they change the manager is another thing but every game feels like a crisis now.

“Mourinho has an incredible job there but the ‘special one’ has become the ‘lonely one’.

“He’s almost enjoying the process of it coming to an end.”

Continue Reading

Barcelona

Barcelona issue fresh ban to Dembele

Published

on

By

Barcelona have banned Ousmane Dembele from turning off his phone, after he once again failed to arrive on time for training, uniquesports.com.ng reports.

Earlier this week, Dembele begged his team-mates for forgiveness in a private dressing-room speech, after being fined £90,000 for turning up two hours late to training, reports Daily Mail.

Manager Ernesto Valverde has now instructed the French winger, to keep his phone on all the time, so that he can be contactable if another issue arises.

Valverde is said to be content with the player’s improvement off the pitch and believes he has taken positive steps towards changing his attitude.

It is believed Dembele enjoys playing video games and watching TV until the early hours of the morning, which is the main issue.

Continue Reading

Football

Man City VS Everton: Jesus scores twice as Manchester City go back to top

Published

on

By

Manchester City have returned to the top of the Premier League for another 24 hours at least, following a 3-1 win over Everton in Saturday’s early kick-off.

Pep Guardiola’s men saw their unbeaten start to the season end at Chelsea last week and Liverpool overtook them on the table.

However, the champions preserved their 100 per cent record at home against Marco Silva’s men.

Gabriel Jesus scored either sides of half time to give City a 2-0 lead, before Dominic Calvert-Lewin pulled one back.

However, Raheem Sterling climbed off the bench, to head in a third and make sure the home side got maximum points.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook

News