Connect with us

Football

Jose Mourinho to offer shock Paul Pogba swap to Barcelona – Report

Published

on

Manchester United star Paul Pogba could be heading to Barcelona in a shock swap deal involving Ivan Rakitic, reports in Spain claim.
France international Pogba struggled to impress under Jose Mourinho this season, with the £89m midfielder having numerous bust-ups with the Special One.

Mourinho axed the former Juventus ace from his starting line-up after a poor run of form.

Pogba, 25, has been heavily linked with an Old Trafford exit in recent weeks, with Barcelona and Real Madrid said to be tracking the United star.

And according to Spanish news outlet Don Balon, Mourinho is willing to include Pogba in a stunning swap deal for Barca midfielder Rakitic.

Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho wants to sign Ivan Rakitic

They say the United boss is desperate to sign the Croatia international this summer – and he’s happy to lose Pogba in the process.

Don Balon add that Mourinho’s relationship with Pogba may be beyond repair, which has led to the United boss deciding to axe his star man.
Pogba has been vocal on Mourinho and his United future in recent weeks, with the midfielder refusing to rule out an exit.

“He [Mourinho] put me on the bench, I answered on the pitch, I give my maximum every time,” he said.

“There are times when I wasn’t playing. I was on the bench. Much has been spoken about.

Man Utd transfer news: Paul Pogba could be heading to Barcelona in a shock swap deal

“People thought it was wrong but a coach and player don’t have to be best friends.

“One is not forced to go to the restaurant together. I had some problems, it’s [a] mental [problem].
“It made me grow in leadership. I had the armband with Mourinho, it was the first time in a club.

“It’s important to me, it makes me grow up to be as a leader in the France team.

“Stay at United? You’re never sure of anything. Contractually, it’s on, yes.

“Walking on the Parc des Princes? With a club, no for sure. Honestly, it doesn’t appeal to me.

“I grew up here, my father was a supporting Marseille and so did my mum. Paris wasn’t really in my daily life.”

Football

Manchester United players told to ignore Mourinho’s instructions

Published

on

By

Former Arsenal defender, Martin Keown, has told Manchester United players to ignore instructions from manager Jose Mourinho and take matters into their own hands.

The Red Devils travel to Anfield on Sunday to take on title-chasing Liverpool, 16 points behind their bitter rivals.

A much-changed United side slipped to another demoralising defeat against Valencia in midweek and Keown believes Mourinho’s men are turning in the worst performances he has seen in 25 years.

“These performances are some of the worst we’ve seen from United in 25 years,” Keown told Football Focus.

“They are there for the taking – these United players almost need to stop listening to their manager now.

“If this is how they’re being told to play, the players are on their own – I don’t know the identity of this United team.

“They’re almost dreading games. Whether they change the manager is another thing but every game feels like a crisis now.

“Mourinho has an incredible job there but the ‘special one’ has become the ‘lonely one’.

“He’s almost enjoying the process of it coming to an end.”

Continue Reading

Barcelona

Barcelona issue fresh ban to Dembele

Published

on

By

Barcelona have banned Ousmane Dembele from turning off his phone, after he once again failed to arrive on time for training, uniquesports.com.ng reports.

Earlier this week, Dembele begged his team-mates for forgiveness in a private dressing-room speech, after being fined £90,000 for turning up two hours late to training, reports Daily Mail.

Manager Ernesto Valverde has now instructed the French winger, to keep his phone on all the time, so that he can be contactable if another issue arises.

Valverde is said to be content with the player’s improvement off the pitch and believes he has taken positive steps towards changing his attitude.

It is believed Dembele enjoys playing video games and watching TV until the early hours of the morning, which is the main issue.

Continue Reading

Football

Man City VS Everton: Jesus scores twice as Manchester City go back to top

Published

on

By

Manchester City have returned to the top of the Premier League for another 24 hours at least, following a 3-1 win over Everton in Saturday’s early kick-off.

Pep Guardiola’s men saw their unbeaten start to the season end at Chelsea last week and Liverpool overtook them on the table.

However, the champions preserved their 100 per cent record at home against Marco Silva’s men.

Gabriel Jesus scored either sides of half time to give City a 2-0 lead, before Dominic Calvert-Lewin pulled one back.

However, Raheem Sterling climbed off the bench, to head in a third and make sure the home side got maximum points.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook

News