Connect with us

Football

Man Utd may sign Nabil Fekir because of sneaky Jose Mourinho plot

Published

on

Liverpool may miss out on Nabil Fekir to Manchester United because of Jose Mourinho, a report has suggested.
Liverpool and Manchester United have both been linked with Fekir, whose future at Lyon remains uncertain.

The France international, who is part of his side’s squad for the World Cup in Russia, appeared set to join the Reds earlier this summer.

Liverpool had an announcement video ready to go but, at the eleventh hour, the deal collapsed with Jurgen Klopp concerned about the player’s long-term knee problems.

Lyon have since hinted at Manchester United’s interest, with notoriously mischievous president Jean-Michel Aulas saying: “I was with José Mourinho the other day. We had long discussions.

“Personally, I am no longer in discussions with Liverpool.
“At the moment, we are waiting for France and Nabil to have a fantastic World Cup.”

And Football Whispers have claimed Mourinho may sign him for a sneaky reason.

It is claimed that the United boss may find the chance to rub salt into Liverpool’s wounds too good to turn down.

The Red Devils’ rivalry with their Merseyside rivals is well-documented and, last term, Mourinho would often bristle at suggestions Liverpool were better than his own side.

The report also points to Mourinho signing two players in recent times after their rivals initially appeared in pole position.
United pounced to sign Alexis Sanchez in January, despite Manchester City appearing frontrunners for his signature.

And they also repeated the trick with Fred, who signed from Shakhtar Donetsk this month.

Football Whispers say Fekir may also add more versatility to Mourinho’s squad.

But United may have to offload an attacker first with Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Alexis Sanchez, Jesse Lingard and Romelu Lukaku all jostling for their forward positions.

Football

Manchester United players told to ignore Mourinho’s instructions

Published

on

By

Former Arsenal defender, Martin Keown, has told Manchester United players to ignore instructions from manager Jose Mourinho and take matters into their own hands.

The Red Devils travel to Anfield on Sunday to take on title-chasing Liverpool, 16 points behind their bitter rivals.

A much-changed United side slipped to another demoralising defeat against Valencia in midweek and Keown believes Mourinho’s men are turning in the worst performances he has seen in 25 years.

“These performances are some of the worst we’ve seen from United in 25 years,” Keown told Football Focus.

“They are there for the taking – these United players almost need to stop listening to their manager now.

“If this is how they’re being told to play, the players are on their own – I don’t know the identity of this United team.

“They’re almost dreading games. Whether they change the manager is another thing but every game feels like a crisis now.

“Mourinho has an incredible job there but the ‘special one’ has become the ‘lonely one’.

“He’s almost enjoying the process of it coming to an end.”

Continue Reading

Barcelona

Barcelona issue fresh ban to Dembele

Published

on

By

Barcelona have banned Ousmane Dembele from turning off his phone, after he once again failed to arrive on time for training, uniquesports.com.ng reports.

Earlier this week, Dembele begged his team-mates for forgiveness in a private dressing-room speech, after being fined £90,000 for turning up two hours late to training, reports Daily Mail.

Manager Ernesto Valverde has now instructed the French winger, to keep his phone on all the time, so that he can be contactable if another issue arises.

Valverde is said to be content with the player’s improvement off the pitch and believes he has taken positive steps towards changing his attitude.

It is believed Dembele enjoys playing video games and watching TV until the early hours of the morning, which is the main issue.

Continue Reading

Football

Man City VS Everton: Jesus scores twice as Manchester City go back to top

Published

on

By

Manchester City have returned to the top of the Premier League for another 24 hours at least, following a 3-1 win over Everton in Saturday’s early kick-off.

Pep Guardiola’s men saw their unbeaten start to the season end at Chelsea last week and Liverpool overtook them on the table.

However, the champions preserved their 100 per cent record at home against Marco Silva’s men.

Gabriel Jesus scored either sides of half time to give City a 2-0 lead, before Dominic Calvert-Lewin pulled one back.

However, Raheem Sterling climbed off the bench, to head in a third and make sure the home side got maximum points.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook

News