Connect with us

Chelsea

Hazard speaks on Conte’s sack, reveals how Sarri can convince him to stay

Published

on

Chelsea midfielder, Eden Hazard, has finally reacted to the club’s decision to fire Antonio Conte as manager and hire Maurizio Sarri.

Conte leaves after only two years at Stamford Bridge during which he won the Premier League title.

Hazard, speaking to reporters after Belgium defeated England 2-1 in the 2018 World Cup third-place play-off, admitted that the players already knew Sarri would be their new coach.

He however said that he is ready to stay with the Blues and work with the former Napoli boss, if he wins trophies.

“We knew already for a while that Sarri was going to become the new manager. If he’s a good manager? If he lets me win trophies, yes.

“Dries Mertens has told me he’s a good coach. We’ll have to work hard. The Italian way, but we were used to that with Antonio too,” Hazard said.

Sarri, 59, has never won a title in his managerial career.

Chelsea

Some Chelsea fans are stupid – Sarri

Published

on

By

Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri, has labelled some fans as “stupid”, amidst latest incidents of racism and discriminatory behaviour.

The Blues’ 2-0 victory over Manchester City last week, was marred by the vicious abuse directed towards Raheem Sterling.

Thursday evening’s trip to Budapest was also tarnished by alleged anti-semitic chanting, during the 2-2 Europa League draw against MOL Vidi.

Chelsea have already condemned their own supporters and urged fans to “summon brainpower”, after supporters aired a rendition of a song that refers to Tottenham disparagingly as ‘Yids’.

The club suspended four fans after Sterling was targeted at Stamford Bridge.

Sarri has admitted he fears supporters will continue to undermine progress.

“I can only say I condemn every form of racism and discrimination. There are the same problems in Italy. There is a form of discrimination with people from the south part of Italy. I was the coach in Naples for three years and I know very well the situation.

“It is normal to fight all together against the problem. I am sometimes surprised that everybody asks to England the solution. There is not a solution. There are some stupid people in England, France, Italy… it is the same all over the world,” the Italian said according to SportsMail.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Gary Cahill could leave Stamford Bridge in january

Published

on

By

Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri has hinted that defender, Gary Cahill could leave Stamford Bridge when the transfer window opens in January due to his lack of playing time at the club, uniquesports.com.ng

Cahill has not been a regular starter so far this campaign at Chelsea since Sarri took over at the club in July.

The 32-year-old has only played 21 minutes of Premier League football so far this season.

The ex-England international has been urged to leave the West London club in a bid to get a regular first team football elsewhere.

But Sarri has now delivered an honest update about Cahill’s future at Chelsea.

“I respect him [Cahill] very much. He has won everything with this club. I have to respect him, then I have to do my job. For every match I have to choose, and for me it’s not easy to put him on the bench,” Sarri was quoted by The Sport Review as saying.

“Maybe he is the best of our defenders inside the box, but I have to think our centre-backs usually play about 100 or 110 balls in a match, so I need very technical defenders.

“It’s not my decision. It is up to him and the club, because he is in his last year of contract so he has to decide for a new contract here or with another club.

“You know for over-30s the club usually offers only one-year contracts. If he has an offer of three years from elsewherehe can decide on something else.

“It doesn’t depend on whether I am sentimental or not!”

Sarri’s men will tackle Brighton on Sunday evening in the Premier League fixture.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Europa League: Hazard, Kante, 4 others will miss next match

Published

on

By

Chelsea boss, Maurizio Sarri, has provided update on his team ahead of their Europa League clash with MOL Vidi on Thursday.

Sarri said Victor Moses, Cahill, Kovacic will not be in the squad due to injury.

He also said that goalkeeper Kepa, Rudigar, Azpilicueta, Kante and Hazard will be rested.

Sarri said this in a prematch press conference on Wednesday evening ahead of the game.

He said, “The last match was really very difficult, because they defended very well, very low in density. It was very difficult for us to score.

“Maybe tomorrow will be a very different match because they are fighting for qualification.

“I think they need to win tomorrow. So maybe the match will be really very different.

“I don’t know the starting XI for tomorrow. I can tell you that I decided that the players who played for three matches in six days in the last week have to rest in this match and so I am talking about Kepa, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Kante and Hazard.

“Then we have three injuries. Kovacic, Cahill and Moses. All the other players are here, of course.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook

News