Connect with us

Football

Buffon reveals what Cristiano Ronaldo can’t give Juventus this season

Published

on

Paris Saints-Germain goalkeeper, Gianluigi Buffon has revealed the only thing forward, Cristiano Ronaldo cannot give Juventus this season, uniquesports.com.ng reports.

Ronaldo signed for Juve earlier this summer from Real Madrid in a stunning £105million deal.

The Portuguese captain is already off the mark for the Old Lady, scoring in a pre-season friendly against Juventus B on Sunday.

Buffon, however, believes that Ronaldo can’t give the Serie A champions sorrow, adding that the 33-year-old will give Juve all what he gave the previous clubs he played for.

“I hope Ronaldo can give what he’s given for all the teams he played in,” Buffon told Sky Sport Italia.

“Certainly, he won’t give Juventus the sorrows he’s given us in recent years.

“Juventus can’t spring any surprises: they have a skilled board and President, plus their history, team and fans are so great that if it they don’t win, they go close.”

Buffon added: “I felt surprised at the beginning.

“I am used to following Juve and I like the club, but since that moment I liked them even more.

“I won’t say it was the key point in my decision, but every detail helps. Maybe. Of course, it helps when you see the people like you, the supporters and club like you, the feeling is completely different.

“Unbelievable. I remember every day, that never happened to me before.

“In the Champions League against Juve, a quarter-final, you score a goal and see everyone in the stadium applaud you. It was an unbelievable feeling.

“I don’t have a precise moment when I decided [to join]. During the years, we played a few times against Juve and I had a special feeling that the Italian supporters like Cristiano.”

Meanwhile, Ronaldo has opened up on his decision to leave Real Madrid for Juventus, citing the standing ovation fans gave him when he blitzed them apart back in April.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Football

Fans fume over use of VAR in Champions League clash between Man city and Schalke

Published

on

By

Manchester City fans are adamant VAR has been used against them in their Champions League clash with Schalke this evening.

The German side were awarded two penalties in the first half to send the German side 2-1 up after 45 minutes.

And it has since emerged the television screen the referee is supposed to be able to use was not functioning.

Sergio Aguero gave Manchester City an early lead before Schalke were awarded their first penalty.

That was for a contentious handball by Nicolas Otamendi.
They were then punished a second time as Fernandinho fouled his man.

And that left City fans raging on social media.

One said: “What in the world is going on? City dominating. #VAR is now up 2-1 vs #ManCity.”

Another added: “It’s a shocking decision. The player is actively trying to avoid the ball and VAR goes against him. @ChampionsLeague sick decision. @ManCity unjustly punished there.”

A third explained: “Man City re getting robbed by the VAR…”
Ex-City midfielder Michael Brown was adamant the first penalty should not have been given.

He said: “There’s no way it’s deliberate handball.

“Otamendi gets set, sees he’s in trouble, that it’s heading towards his arm.

“He very quickly tries to put it behind his back but the ball is hit that quick at his arm that he can’t get it out of the way.”
Brown also criticised how long it took for a decision to be made with the use of VAR.

He added: “It was probably the longest VAR in history deciding the right decision.

“I don’t think they knew. Then finally they give the penalty.”

Continue Reading

Football

Schalke 2-3 Man City: Sane, Sterling score late goals

Published

on

By

Late goals from Leroy Sane and Raheem Sterling gave Manchester City a 3-2 win at Schalke in their Champions League Round of 16 first leg.

Substitute Sane scored against his former club with a sensational free kick in the 86th after Nabil Bentaleb converted two spot kicks in the 38th and 45th minutes to put Schalke ahead.

Sergio Aguero had given City the lead in the 18th and the English champions were left with 10 men in the 68th minute when Nicolas Otamendi was sent off following a second booking.

City, who have conceded at least two goals in six of their seven games in the Champions League knockout stages under Pep Guardiola, will also be without yellow-carded Fernandinho for the return leg in Manchester on March 12.

SCHALKE 2-3 MANCHESTER CITY | AGUERO (18), BENTALEB (36, 44), SANE (84), STERLING (90)

Schalke XI: Fahrmann, Caliguiri, Bruma, Sane, Nastasic, Oczikpa, Serdar, Bentaleb, McKennie, Uth, Mendyl
Manchester City XI: Ederson, Walker, Laporte, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Silva, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea told to appoint former EPL manager as Sarri’s replacement

Published

on

By

Former Arsenal goalkeeper, David Seaman, has told Chelsea to appoint former Gunners boss, Arsene Wenger as Maurizio Sarri’s replacement at Stamford Bridge.

Seaman believes Wenger would be a great choice to replace Sarri at the West London club.

He stated this ahead of Chelsea’s UEFA Europa League round of 32 second-leg tie with Malmo on Thursday night.

Sarri, who joined Chelsea last summer, has been under intense pressure at Stamford Bridge due to the club’s recent poor performances.

“Arsene Wenger would be great at Chelsea, I think. He’d be great anywhere, he’s a fantastic manager,” Seaman said on talkSPORT.

“Arsene always said he wouldn’t come back to the Premier League because of his love for Arsenal that he wouldn’t feel right competing against Arsenal.

“But obviously time’s a healer and he could think. I want to go back there and prove a few people wrong.”

Continue Reading

VOTE

PREMIER LEAGUE

Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook

News

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com