Connect with us

Chelsea

Sarri speaks on Mourinho fight after 2-2 draw

Published

on

Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri, has spoken on the ugly scenes that happened after Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Manchester United at Stamford Bridge.

Antonio Rudiger gave the Blues a first-half lead before Anthony Martial put United ahead with a brace in the second half.

With Jose Mourinho’s men looking to take all three points, Ross Barkley struck the equalizer in the 97th minute of play.

During the wild celebrations that followed, one of Sarri’s assistants, Marco Ianni taunted Mourinho and the Portuguese chased him down the dressing room in anger.

“I didn’t see anything on the pitch. After the match, I spoke with Jose. Immediately I understood that we were wrong.

“I then spoke with the member of my staff and brought him to Mourinho to say sorry. I think it is finished,” Sarri told Sky Sports.

Chelsea

Europa League: Hazard, Kante, 4 others will miss next match

Published

on

By

Chelsea boss, Maurizio Sarri, has provided update on his team ahead of their Europa League clash with MOL Vidi on Thursday.

Sarri said Victor Moses, Cahill, Kovacic will not be in the squad due to injury.

He also said that goalkeeper Kepa, Rudigar, Azpilicueta, Kante and Hazard will be rested.

Sarri said this in a prematch press conference on Wednesday evening ahead of the game.

He said, “The last match was really very difficult, because they defended very well, very low in density. It was very difficult for us to score.

“Maybe tomorrow will be a very different match because they are fighting for qualification.

“I think they need to win tomorrow. So maybe the match will be really very different.

“I don’t know the starting XI for tomorrow. I can tell you that I decided that the players who played for three matches in six days in the last week have to rest in this match and so I am talking about Kepa, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Kante and Hazard.

“Then we have three injuries. Kovacic, Cahill and Moses. All the other players are here, of course.”

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Suarez to replace Fabregas at Chelsea

Published

on

By

AC Milan are keen to sign Fabregas in January and the Blues have looked at Barca’s disgruntled Suarez.

Chelsea boss, Maurizio Sarri does not want the 31-year-old to go, but the Spaniard wants more football than he is getting at the moment.

Sarri has told the club’s board that he does not want Fabregas to go until a direct replacement has been sorted out as he is his only true cover for Jorginho.

However, Fabregas has made only four Premier League appearances this season, starting only in the recent defeat away to Wolves.

Suarez wants to leave Barcelona after making only one substitute appearance in La Liga this season, and would cost around £15million.

The Blues value Fabregas at around £11m.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Victor Moses possible new club revealed as Chelsea name price for player

Published

on

By

Chelsea have named their price for Nigerian star, Victor Moses. (more…)

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook

News