Connect with us


Neymar will remain at PSG – Unai Emery



Paris Saint-Germain boss Unai Emery insists world-record signing Neymar will stay at the Parc des Princes.


Speculation surfaced during the international break that the Brazilian is unhappy at the club he joined only in August.

Spanish media widely reported that Neymar told former Barcelona team-mates Luis Suarez and Gerard Pique he regretted leaving the Nou Camp.

And Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos told radio station Cadena Ser that Neymar would be welcome at the Bernabeu if he wanted to leave Paris.

But, speaking at PSG’s weekly press conference, Emery rejected any suggestion of interest from Real Madrid.

“When we took him (from Barcelona) it was with one precise goal,” he said. “The club and the president want him to stay and he’s going to stay here.”

Read also: Arsene Wenger Reveals Arsenal Plan To Stop Tottenham Star Harry Kane In Derby

Neymar cost PSG a record £200m when he arrived from Barcelona last summer.

He has gone on to score seven goals and register five assists in eight Ligue 1 appearances, helping his team build a four-point lead over Monaco at the top of the division after 12 games.

In an interview with L’Equipe, PSG boss Emery added: “The most important thing is the pitch and his performances there.

“All footballers are men before being footballers. I speak to Neymar, and it’s that which is more important than rumours.

“Adapting is different for each player and more or less quick. We’re doing everything to help him to adapt as well as possible.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Liverpool set Salah price with Real Madrid, Barcelona interest



Liverpool will seek to drive a hard bargain this summer, when top clubs come calling for Mohamed Salah.

The Reds will face a big fight to keep the Egyptian winger, with Real Madrid, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain all desperate to sign him according to The Sun.

Clubs keen on Salah will be quoted £200m for the 25-year-old, which would equal a £165m profit on the £35m fee Liverpool paid Roma last year.

The Premier League sold Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona for £145million in January and after Salah’s 28 Premier League goals this season, they are willing to go higher.

Real Madrid are apparently ready to shelve their bid for Eden Hazard if Salah is tempted by a switch to the Bernabeu, but it is believed the LaLiga giants will prioritise a move for Robert Lewandowski over Harry Kane at centre-forward.

Continue Reading


Rohr speaks on Super Eagkes’ World cup squad ahead of Poland Vs Nigeria tie



Super Eagles manager, Gernot Rohr has stated that John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses cannot single-handedly decide the outcome of matches at the World Cup.

The German coach admitted that the current squad is not as strong as the 90s team, who qualified for the second round of the World Cup twice in a row, defeated Spain and was close to eliminating Italy at USA ‘94.

“We do not have such great players as Kanu or Okocha, who then shone, but the strength of this team is the team work,” Rohr told Przegląd Sportowy ahead of Poland vs Nigeria match on Friday.

‘’Our captain Obi Mikel or Victor Moses are not the players who will decide the fate of the game themselves, like the stars from the 90s.”

Victor Moses was Nigeria’s top scorer with three goals during the 2018 World Cup qualifiers, followed by Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi with two goals each, and Rohr says he is concerned about the absence of a top finisher in the team ahead of the Mundial.

He said: ‘’We really do not have an effective striker, but we have other good players like – Iwobi, Kelechi, Obi Mikel, Ighalo – they are also able to score goals.”

The Poland vs Nigeria tie will be played Municipal Stadium Wroclaw.

Rohr has already released a 28-man squad that will prosecute the game against Poland and Serbia.

Continue Reading


Cristiano Rinaldo makes enquiries about playing in China



Former Portugal coach, Luiz Felipe Scolari has admitted he advised Cristiano Ronaldo to play in China, after the Real Madrid star asked him about life there.

Last January, Madrid president Florentino Perez denied claims by Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes, that a Chinese club had made a €300million offer for the player.

Scolari, who was Ronaldo’s national boss between 2004 and 2008, had told Esporte Interativo he had suggested that China could be good for Ronaldo.

“Yes, he has asked me more than once what it is like to live in China,” Scolari said.

“I told him everything.

“And we also must understand that China is China for different players. Cristiano Ronaldo has his brands, is an industry.

“And China is the best country in the world. I told him what I always say, whoever gets the chance, must come to China,”‎ he said.

Continue Reading



%d bloggers like this: